What Information We Collect and How We Use That Information Our membership and other registration forms require users to give us contact information that may include name, email address, format preference (HTML vs. Text), address, interests, and similar information. We do not request or store sensitive information from our visitors, such as credit card or social security numbers. This contact information is also used to contact you with updated information. You may opt-out of receiving future mailings at any by time opting out on any newsletter or other communication using the link contained therein or writing to AIA. We do not provide your information to any other companies. The AIA does not sell, rent or lease its member lists to third parties. The AIA may, from time to time, contact you on behalf of external business partners about a particular offering that may be of interest to you. In those cases, your unique personally identifiable information (e-mail, name, address, telephone number) is not transferred to the third party. All such third parties are prohibited from using your personal information for marketing purposes. Any portion of the AIA website that contains contact information about a member, such as the Teleseminar information, may not be used by individuals or organizations for marketing purposes.
The Find an Aromatherapist site is a copyrighted directory provided as a service to the public to aid in the location of an aromatherapy practitioner. Any individual or corporation using this information to create a phone list or for use to contact AIA members for commercial marketing purposes will be prosecuted to the full extent of the law. The user is responsible for thoroughly researching information about the practitioner before purchasing services. AIA does not endorse or recommend any products or services.
Security All information provided to Alliance of International Aromatherapists is transmitted using SSL (Secure Socket Layer) encryption. SSL is a proven coding system that lets your browser automatically encrypt, or scramble, data before you send it to us. We also protect account information by placing it on a secure portion of our Site that is only accessible by certain staff of the Alliance of International Aromatherapists. Unfortunately, however, no data transmission over the Internet is 100% secure. While we strive to protect your information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of such information.
Other Web Sites Our Site contains links to other Web sites. Please note that when you click on one of these links, you are entering another Web site for which the Alliance of International Aromatherapists has no responsibility. We encourage you to read the privacy statements on all such sites as their policies may be different than ours. Children’s Guidelines This website does not:
- Collect online contact information without prior parental consent or parental notification, which will include an opportunity for the parent to prevent use of the information and participation in the activity. Without prior parental consent, online information will only be used to respond directly to the child’s request and will not be used for other purposes without prior parental consent.
- Collect personally identifiable offline contact information without prior parental consent.
- Distribute to third parties, any personally identifiable information without prior parental consent.
- Give the ability to publicly post, or otherwise distribute personally identifiable contact information without prior parental consent.
- Entice by the prospect of a special game, prize, or other activity, to divulge more information than is needed to participate in the activity.
- Send an email to email@example.com
- Send a letter to the following address:
Alliance of International Aromatherapists
12011 Tejon Street
Westminster, CO 80234
- Call us at 877-531-6377
- Send a fax to 303-458-0002