About the Alliance of International Aromatherapists
The Alliance of International Aromatherapists (AIA), a 501(c)(3) member based nonprofit organization, was formed as the result of the vision and devotion of a Denver, Colorado group of aromatherapists and was officially launched on June 12, 2006.
AIA is now a fast-growing independent, international member-based organization providing education using scientific research and traditional information to promote the responsible use of aromatherapy. We serve the public, researchers, educators, healthcare professionals, industry, and the media.
The AIA is a leading international aromatherapy organization making aromatherapy a readily accessible and respected holistic healing modality.
AIA unites aromatherapists from around the world to advance research and professionalism within the aromatherapy industry. As a result the public has the option for a safe, natural and complementary form of health care.
- Essential oil therapy is a scientifically proven healing modality that should be accessible to everyone.
- Through continued solid scientific research, we expand the understanding of essential oil therapy and its effect on mind, body and spirit.
- Through professional and responsible use of essential oil therapy, clinical aromatherapists are equipped to integrate with the medical community.
- Through standardizing aromatherapy education and qualifying criteria in North America we create a foundation of professionalism and common lines of communication with other health care professionals and regulatory agencies throughout the world.
- By supporting earth friendly harvesting and processing practices of aromatic plants we bring greater health to the Earth and her people.
- Provide education to the public using scientific-based research and traditional information.
- Promote responsible use of aromatherapy.
- Inspire excellence in educational standards for aromatherapy training.
- Serve as a leading resource for evidence-based aromatherapy research for medical and wellness care professionals.
- Bring conventional medicine and natural therapies, with emphasis on professional
aromatherapy, into a more harmonious relationship.
- Serve as a resource for the furtherance of professional education and interconnection
of serious practitioners of aromatherapy.
- Serve the public, researchers, educators, healthcare professionals, industry, and the media.