About the Alliance of International Aromatherapists
Founded in 2006, the Alliance of International Aromatherapists (AIA), a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, is the professional organization representing aromatherapists.
AIA aims to increase awareness of and expand access to aromatherapists, help its members build successful practices, expand the body of aromatherapy research, and serve as a resource for members, the media and the public.
AIA recognizes the importance of establishing and maintaining advanced education standards for Clinical Aromatherapists. In 2009, the AIA launched its School Recognition Program, the first organization in the USA to establish the most comprehensive educational standards for Clinical Aromatherapists.
AIA’s members include aromatherapy professionals, medical doctors, naturopathic doctors, nurses, reflexologists, massage therapists, Reiki Masters, other health care practitioners, students, and corporate members who collectively strive to advance the profession of aromatherapy and to serve the public.
The AIA is a leading international aromatherapy organization making aromatherapy a readily accessible and respected holistic healing modality.
AIA unites aromatherapists from around the world to advance research and professionalism within the aromatherapy industry. As a result the public has the option for a safe, natural and complementary form of health care.
- Essential oil therapy is a scientifically proven healing modality that should be accessible to everyone.
- Through continued solid scientific research, we expand the understanding of essential oil therapy and its effect on mind, body and spirit.
- Through professional and responsible use of essential oil therapy, clinical aromatherapists are equipped to integrate with the medical community.
- Through standardizing aromatherapy education and qualifying criteria in North America we create a foundation of professionalism and common lines of communication with other health care professionals and regulatory agencies throughout the world.
- By supporting earth friendly harvesting and processing practices of aromatic plants we bring greater health to the Earth and her people.
- Provide education to the public using scientific-based research and traditional information.
- Promote responsible use of aromatherapy.
- Inspire excellence in educational standards for aromatherapy training.
- Serve as a leading resource for evidence-based aromatherapy research for medical and wellness care professionals.
- Bring conventional medicine and natural therapies, with emphasis on professional
aromatherapy, into a more harmonious relationship.
- Serve as a resource for the furtherance of professional education and interconnection
of serious practitioners of aromatherapy.
- Serve the public, researchers, educators, healthcare professionals, industry, and the media.