As a member of the Alliance of International Aromatherapists, I shall:
- conduct myself in a professional and ethical manner, respecting the law at all times.
- visibly display a copy of the AIA Code of Ethics for the benefit of employees and the public.
- comply with the AIA Code of Conduct.
- represent my education and qualifications honestly in advertising and practice and acknowledge the limitations of my skills, as indicated.
- recognize that the public has the right to share in decisions pertaining to their healthcare. I shall educate and guide clients toward this goal and actively encourage them to take responsibility for their care and well-being.
- refrain from guaranteeing a specific wellness outcome, acknowledging that aromatic extracts support self-healing and that holistic health outcomes are influenced by many factors.
- refuse primary responsibility for health care for any client, unless I am licensed or otherwise authorized to provide primary health care.
- provide services within the scope and the limits of my training and to refer to appropriate qualified professionals as indicated.
- maintain professional confidentiality except when failure to take action could constitute a danger to others.
- avoid discrimination against individuals on the basis of race, creed, religion, gender, age and national origin.
- appreciate the importance of thoroughness in the performance of duty, compassion with clients, and the significance of the tasks I perform.
- provide the highest quality of aromatherapy products available.
Download PDF Version here!