As a member of the Alliance of International Aromatherapists, I shall:
1. conduct myself in a professional and ethical manner in relation to my clients, health professionals, and the general public.
2. recognize that the public has the right to share in decisions pertaining to their health care. I shall educate and guide clients toward this goal and actively encourage them to take responsibility for their care and well-being.
3. represent my education and qualifications honestly in advertising and practice and acknowledge the limitations of my skills, as indicated.
4. provide the highest quality of aromatherapy products available.
5. provide services within the scope and the limits of my training and to refer to appropriate qualified professionals as indicated.
6. maintain professional confidentiality except when failure to take action could constitute a danger to others.
7. refrain from guaranteeing a specific wellness outcome, acknowledging that aromatic extracts support self healing and that holistic health outcomes are influenced by many factors.
8. visibly display a copy of the AIA Code of Ethics for the benefit of employees and the public.
9. avoid discrimination against individuals on the basis of race, creed, religion, gender, age and national origin.
10. appreciate the importance of thoroughness in the performance of duty, compassion with clients, and the significance of the tasks I perform
11. respect the law and avoid dishonest, unethical, or illegal practices.
12. refuse primary responsibility for health care for any client. Individuals who are licensed or otherwise authorized to provide primary health care are excluded.