Our educational Teleseminars are held monthly on the Third Wednesday. 6:30 – 7:30 pm Mountain Time, and are a benefit of membership. Each program is rich with vital information and educational topics provided by experts in aromatherapy and related healthcare fields and are interactive with Q&A.
Teleseminars are a benefit of membership and the members receive email notifications with call-in information.
If you are not a member you may participate in the call for a $25 fee.
Please click here to register.
Or become a member to enjoy many benefits such as teleseminars? Join Now.
Please call 1-877-531-6377 or in Colorado 303-531-6377 for more information.
Teleseminar – December 17, 2014.
Presenter: Terese M Miller DOM, CA, MFA
Topic: AROMA-QI THERAPY: Ancient Chinese Five Element Energetics Expressed In Aromatic Blending
To understand how Oriental Medicine can inform us in our energetic view of essential oils, it is important to have an overview of the two main theories that exist today in practice. Acupuncturists and Eastern Herbalists operate using either Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM), Taoist Five Element Theory or a combination of both.
Tune in for a unique perspective on questions you may have about:
- What are the main differences between TCM and Ancient Taoist Five Phase energetic theories?
- What is the origin of The Heavenly Stems (five elements)?
- Does each element contain correspondences to nature and the nature of the human body, mind and spirit?
- Do we all have a unique constitutional element(s)?
- What can I do if I am out of balance?
- How do the five phases relate to specific essential oils?
- What is Aroma-QI therapy?
- Who can use this Aroma-Qi therapy?
- What does Taoism have to do with it?
Meet Terese Miller
Terese Miller has enjoyed a busy private practice since 1971 utilizing Certifications in Massage Therapy, Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine, Visionary Cranial Sacral work, and Aromahead Institute’s Scholars Program to assist wellness in her treatment space in St. Petersburg, Florida. Traveling to The Peoples Republic of China for Advanced Studies at The Guang Zhu College of Traditional Chinese Medicine in 1989 ignited a passionate interest in the “ancient” Chinese theories of elemental energetics: the five phases and Taoist practice.
Terese co-founded Essential Elements School of Aromatic Studies and is co-owner of EssentialElementsSite.com, web based purveyors of GC/MS tested essential oils and fine handcrafted aromatherapy products. Terese has contributed articles to IJPHA. She has served as Florida State Representative for AIA. Currently, Terese is creating a relationship with St. Anthony’s Hospital Foundation, developing Aromatherapy educational opportunities for local nurses who contribute patient palliative care to in- house as well hospice patients.
Dial in information is emailed to the members. Not a member? Join Now.
See the Events Calendar for upcoming Teleseminar details.
January 21, 2015 – Rodney Swan – palliative care
March 18, 2015 – Eric Scott Bresselsmith - pine distilling
Continuing Professional Development (CPD) credit:
There are two ways to earn CPD credit for listening to teleconferences.
1. You may earn 1 CPD credit for listening to a live teleseminar. Instructions on how to earn the CPD credit will be given during the teleconference.
2. You may earn 1 CPD credit by listening to an audio CD of a teleseminar and submitting a 100-word summary of the teleseminar to AIA. Be sure to include your name, address, and title of teleseminar on your summary. Each summary must be submitted on a separate document.
If you are not an AIA member and desire receiving a CPD certificate, there is a $15 fee. Click here to order.
Please mail your teleseminar summary to AIA or email your summary on a word document to email@example.com. If you have more questions, please call the AIA office at 303-531-6377 or 1-877-531-6377.